Mental health settings are different! We do not often need big expensive machinery to aid people’s recovery. We need people to walk alongside those who are struggling.
Patients at Valkenberg Psychiatric Hospital receive clinical treatment from their doctors and nurses that does wonders for their recovery. However, state budgets only go so far and doctors and nurses don’t always have the time to give each patient the kind of human interaction and time they need.
While we keep costs low by taking advantage of a small team of paid staff and a large network of volunteers, the fact is that projects and volunteers cost money if they are to be effectively and safely run. Because we are a non-profit organisation, we rely on donations, both in-kind and financial, to keep our projects afloat.
Make a difference in the recovery of a person who has a mental illness. Tomorrow it could be your friend, your family member or yourself…
- Financially support our projects.
- Volunteer in one of our activity groups.
- Help us in the office or join our fundraising team.
- Offer your professional services to support our staff team.
- Donate goods for projects and patient events or prizes for our fundraisers.
- Pass on clothing for our Clothing Depot and all types of goods for our Second Hand Shop.
- Make a bequest in your Will and leave a legacy to mental health.
- Team building? Sign up for Casual Day or bring a team to Valkenberg and make an impact on Mandela Day.